03 June 2015 – published here.
Global Food Security, an alliance of the UK’s main public funders of food related research, has published a report highlighting 8 principles of healthy and sustainable eating patterns and concluded that pro-environmental diets were clearly compatible with healthy diets.
The eight principles are:
- eat a varied balanced diet,
- eat more plant based foods,
- value your food and don’t waste it,
- choose sustainable fish,
- moderate your meat intake,
- include milk and dairy products and where possible plant based alternatives,
- drink tap water
- eat fewer foods high in fat sugar and salt.